Thursday, March 18, 2010

Denver ups the cool factor

Have you been to Denver lately? I have. Many, many times.

In interest of full disclosure, I represent the state of Colorado. So I am a but biased. But I've been there enough times that I should be jaded; but I am not.

The dining scene is getting better and better each year. Boulder, to the north of Denver is definitely a great place for foodies, having been featured in The New York Times as early as 2007 and it's only gotten better since then. There's Frasca, Salt, Oak on Fourteenth and more that have gotten national attention. Not to mention Jax Fish House, where Hosea Rosenberg, winner of Top Chef, plies his trade.

But enough about Boulder, because I can go on forever on how cool Boulder is. And I can do the same for Denver too. The whole front range is impressive, as far as the quality of restaurants or even really excellent southwest cuisine. There are some hole in the wall places that have the BEST tamales!

The fact is, not many people will go to Denver just for the food. But let me tell you, it will surprise you and it will make your vacation that much better inbetween the hiking, biking, kayaking.........

No comments:

Post a Comment